Sunday, November 13, 2011

Isn't it romantic?

Yesterday my friend and I got out and enjoyed the weather.  She took me to an off beaten path of which I did not know existed.  To get to it you have to walk through an ally (not to scary) and then it's like walking into a movie set.  Winding path covered with leaves, scattered benches and wood bridges to stop and enjoy nature.  A couple happen to be in front of us when I took this picture. They remind me of the De Beers commercial with the old couple holding hands http://youtu.be/plg7Uw9NeDY
I thought how sweet is this?  They're holding hands and walking.  Amanda and I went around them as we were there for the exercise.  On our way back we ran into the couple again.  They stopped us and asked us if we new where we were on the map, where it came out of and whats the best way to get back.  We showed them approximately where we thought we were.  Amanda then told them it would be best for them just to turn around and go back.  The lady then said well can't we just come out here and he can walk back and get the car to come get me?  I wasn't prepared for this and I've got to go to the bathroom.  The man jumped in with "But honey it was a surprise. If I would have told you it wouldn't have been a surprise."  And it went back and forth.  It wasn't an argument just a loving conversation between the two of them.  Come to find out they've only been married a year.  He had an accent.  It sounded like Irish to me but then Amanda thought Australian.  They were just two love birds out enjoying a date and looking for birds to watch.  How romantic and surprising he is even at his age.  Awe!  Someday I'll have a moment like that....hopefully I'll just go to the bathroom before I go anywhere. ha ha.


No comments: