Sunday, January 21, 2007

Break Through


Last Sunday the music leader sang this song "Break Through". All week I tried to remember the name but for the life of me I couldn't even remember the words. Apparently God was speaking to me then and wanted to remind me of it again today as we sang it in chruch. Thank you God! It's by Tommy Walker
"...Break through all my doubts...Break through all my fears....Break through that I may worship You...break through all my pain...break through all my guilt and all my shame....You are brighter than my darkest night stronger than my toughest fight Just one touch from You my King, my friend And I'll never be the same agian..."
2 weeks ago for our devotionals we discussed the story of Jesus on the boat with the disciples when the storm came up. We discussed how sometimes we try to take things into control ourselves and handle everything instead of trusting Jesus. We also discussed the fact that we will always be faced with storms we have the choice to turn away like a coward and try to avoid them or we can walk through them with God and while we may not always win the way we think we should we will come out of it stronger in God. When Sharla sang this song last Sunday it reiterated to me everything we had discussed in the devotionals especially the part "Your stronger than my toughest fight". This week I've seen God answer prayer and handle a situation I had to face. Through it he gave me a peace about it and the words to say and he answered my prayer for the other person in how they would respond. So today when we sang the song again it meant so much more to me. He broke through all my doubts, fears, pain. He held me up through the storm. After going through this I had peace with the situation and today I was able to worship him and I radiated.

No comments: