Friday, June 22, 2007

Rain in Busingen

I had noticed that the sky was unusually gray today. It was dark outside and the wind had cooled off. I decided there was no need for the fans and turned them off. I'd rather have the fresh cool breeze any day. I stood at the window and leaned out. Taking in the scenery, letting the breeze blow against my face. To the left of the office and down the road there were a few people talking. I wondered if they were discussing the weather. I turned my head to the right and gazed upon the clouds. I think to myself if this was Arkansas I'd think this might be tornado weather although the sky would be an eerie green instead of a dark gray. I leave the room to get a glass of water. Upon my return I am shocked to see sheets of rain blowing like a curtain in the wind. I am amazed as I have not seen this type of rain to my recollection. I study the direction and wonder if I should shut the windows. However I decide that it's okay to leave them open. As I enter my office the wind blows harder and I notice the window seal is soaked with rain. I am thankful that I had removed the fans already from that area. I scramble to shut the windows in all the rooms as the wind blows harder. Rain drops slam against my face. I watch in amazement as the rain falls harder and the wind becomes stronger. I have never been in a hurricane before, but this reminds me of the images I have seen on t.v. Things are flying in the air past the office. Luckily it's nothing big that could do any damage. I wonder if this will be finished by lunch time. It's now 10:15. I do not have an umbrella, I wore flip flops today, and Nikolaj is not here to give me a ride to the school. If it continues this way I will walk barefoot and play in the rain provided the lightning has subsided. Lightning flashes and thunder rumbles but not what you'd expect after seeing a mean streak lightning. Where are the big claps of thunder that make you jump? Will there be a fire somewhere? Will Busingen's best be called out to save a cow, barn or house? Not that I wish a fire upon anyone or anything. Oh to be home curled up under a blanket watching an old movie.

No comments: