Monday, May 14, 2007
Dance the night away
This past semester has brought back so many memories for me. A few years back I had the opportunity to take ballroom dance lessons. Of course it was only introductory and I couldn't afford the full lesson. None the less I thoroughly enjoyed them. My favorite dance is the tango. I had the opportunity to take dance lessons again this semester. I had so much fun. My rhythm seemed a little better, but still needs some work. I had a partner who was patient and stuck it out even when he didn't care to. Monday nights were filled with laughter and dancing. We all laughed at each other as we learned and made the same mistakes over and over again. The memories I'll always have are of Olive and Colby gazing into each others eyes as they danced, Victor and Tamara putting on a show and looked as if they knew exactly what they were doing even when they didn't, Ali thinking he knew it all and didn't need to practice while Sonja got the steps down fast. Mike never having a consistent partner. They all quit on him. If they only knew how great a dancer he is. Alek and Stephi who'd you'd often catch stop dancing to find them sneaking a kiss (They're in love and engaged...what more do you expect). Shandor and Alex swinging to the beat. Gideon trying desperately to get the beat and the steps down while Amber patiently works with him. Then there was Chris and I. Chris was great at keeping the beat whereas I was always off. The thing that made me laugh about Chris was when he turned he looked like he was doing a spin move from a boy band. Ahhh the memories. At the close tonight our teachers demonstrated the Tango for us. It was absolutely beautiful. Monday nights will never be the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment