Have you ever noticed God will make things known to you in a recurring theme? Since Friday it seems God's been pointing something out to me that I never really grasped. I knew it, but it's been sinking in the past couple of days. It all started on Friday when Lisa shared Duet. 7:6-8a (niv) with me... For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers. God didn't choose us (you) because we had the most he chose us because he loved us, he promised our forefathers, and we're his treasured possession. Have you ever had someone tell you that you are a treasure to them. To know that someone thinks you're a treasure to them makes you feel special. I know I am a treasure to my parents even though they haven't used that exact word, but when Lisa read this and I heard that I was a treasure to God WOW! Me? With all the mistakes I've made and he's forgiven me I'm still a treasure to God! It's like when a child finds the ugliest rock, to some it's not beautiful but to the child it is. He'll clean it up and show it off to everyone because it's his treasure.
Sunday I was to do nursery which meant I would not hear the sermon. As I got ready to leave after the songs I looked back and the one little boy I would have had in nursery was quite content in the lap he sat on. I didn't want to disrupt that peace. As long as he was quiet there was no need for me to go. This was God working as he remained quiet throughout the service. God wanted me to hear the message and I'm glad I got to stay. I love playing with Adrian, but I needed to hear the sermon. We had missionaries from Kenya speak to us. As Elisabeth spoke she shared the verse John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Yet another verse where God chose us (you)! This one goes on to point out that we were chosen to go and bear fruit...fruit that will last. For some evangelism comes easy but for others it's hard. It takes boldness and courage. You may be the first person to introduce someone to Christ or one of many in sharing Christ with a person. For some it could take a while before they make their decision. The important thing is to keep loving them and encouraging them. As for the last part of the verse I do believe God will give you what you ask but only if it is his will for you and it fulfills our needs.
As I read my devotional for this morning it had a verse on being chosen. Isaiah 43:10a, b..."You are my witness,"declares the Lord, "any my servant whom I have chosen." We are God's witnesses and he has chosen us! The devotional talked about if you don't share God with people who will? It brought up the point that we often think there are more qualified people than us to do this job. One of my friends share a quote with me "God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called!" I'm not sure who said it but the point is we don't have to have everything in place or have a theology degree to share Christ with anyone. We are called by God to go and share his love for us and for others. Some people are visual people. They get more out of what they see than hear. People are constantly watching us (you). Showing love for others despite their background can be just as strong of a testimony. In closing God has definitely shown me that I am chosen as you are chosen. He loves us. He chose us to go and bear fruit. He chose us to be his witness. We are His treasure!
No comments:
Post a Comment