It was an unusual day. The sun shone brightly in the early morning. However by mid morning the clouds rolled in. I left work on my lunch break to run errands. The air had cooled off a bit. As I sat in the drive through at the bank I noticed the clouds. They were beautiful! It was as if God was painting a picture for us. When I finished I decided to take the long way back to work. I had to see these clouds. Hues of Charcoal, slate blue and white filled the skies. In some places it looked like a roaring sea with billowing waves. In another place it looked like peaks of meringue. I drove on but the urge to pull over and gaze at this site became stronger. I stopped at the post office to mail a package. As I sat there I was able to gaze at the sky. I was in awe. My time was running out and I had to get back to the office. As I pulled into the parking lot I saw that the clouds were above us. As I gazed at the clouds it reminded me of when I was a child with bubbles in the sink. I'd gather the bubbles in my hands, squish my hands together then pull them apart watching the bubbles stretch. I wish I had more time and an actual camera instead of my phone. I wanted to keep taking pictures but alas it was back to work. It was an amazing site to see!
Monday, June 07, 2010
Cloud Illusions...
It was an unusual day. The sun shone brightly in the early morning. However by mid morning the clouds rolled in. I left work on my lunch break to run errands. The air had cooled off a bit. As I sat in the drive through at the bank I noticed the clouds. They were beautiful! It was as if God was painting a picture for us. When I finished I decided to take the long way back to work. I had to see these clouds. Hues of Charcoal, slate blue and white filled the skies. In some places it looked like a roaring sea with billowing waves. In another place it looked like peaks of meringue. I drove on but the urge to pull over and gaze at this site became stronger. I stopped at the post office to mail a package. As I sat there I was able to gaze at the sky. I was in awe. My time was running out and I had to get back to the office. As I pulled into the parking lot I saw that the clouds were above us. As I gazed at the clouds it reminded me of when I was a child with bubbles in the sink. I'd gather the bubbles in my hands, squish my hands together then pull them apart watching the bubbles stretch. I wish I had more time and an actual camera instead of my phone. I wanted to keep taking pictures but alas it was back to work. It was an amazing site to see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment