The past few months have been unstable for me not knowing when I'd be leaving. Two weeks ago I found out the job fell through. The next day I went into my current job to let them know I could work the rest of the semester. My boss informed me that she didn't know how much longer she could keep me on because we had lost some children and were below the number we needed. I handled myself in a calm professional way and told her just to let me know when she needed to let me go and something else would come along. Then this past week we lost another child. I had a strong feeling that on Monday I'd be told that I was no longer needed. I went to work and nothing was said to me. I had a great day with the kids and when they said "Miss Jennifer" it just warmed my heart. I love the class I'm getting to work with and I'll hate it when I have to say goodbye.
On the way home I thought about the events from Friday to Monday. Upon hearing the news it's like I walked around with dread and still trying to decide what would be my next job. It's like I went into silent panic mode before knowing the outcome. As I thought about this I remembered a quote I saw posted by Bob Harper "Don't think about dying...think about LIVING."- Jack LaLane. It clicked in my head. Instead of going to work with the idea I could loose my job at any moment, I should embrace the time that I have and enjoy it with my class.
No comments:
Post a Comment