Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'm too sexy....

A few weeks ago I attended Girls Night Out at the mall with my mom and our friend Dorothy.  We arrived early so we would be among the first couple of hundred that would get a goody bag.  It was smaller than some of the others we had been to and the line was well...non existent!  We sat at a table and chatted.  A group of people came in to set up their booth.  They seemed to be from a salon as they were dressed in all black and one had a spike Mohawk.  The Mohawk intrigued my mom to the point that she went over to the lady and asked her how she did her hair.  Dorothy and I looked away as we didn't know her at this point. ha ha.  Mom came back thoroughly impressed.  We joked that she should do her hair like that for Jim.
The line began to form and we quickly decided we needed to get up there.   As we walked through the entrance we were given a pink boa.  Feathers were flying everywhere.  I stuffed mine in my goody bag as it clashed with my red sweater.  We went to what few booths were open as nearly half of their vendors had not shown up.  I walked by the booth with the Mohawk lady.  I happened to hear they were doing free makeovers.  Ding! A light went on in my head!  "Free makeovers?  I love to get my makeup done and try new looks."  I thought to myself.  I waited.  I saw the Mohawk lady and I thought "Oh, I really hope I don't get her."  Everyone was looking beautiful as they left.  Finally it was my turn....Yep that's right...I got the Mohawk lady.  She asked me what type of look I was going for.  "I've never had a smokey eye before!  Let's do that!"  I said. She asked me if I wanted it in blacks or browns and I told her I wanted the blacks.  She began to work her magic.  Someone from a magazine took my photo.  I'm not sure if I'll be in it and if I am I think it's a parenting magazine.  I do wish they would have had regular brushes instead of disposable brushes.  I just don't think you get quite the look you want with a flimsy brush.  My mom and Dorothy were a little in shock with the final look.  After all I had chosen blacks and there was more eyeliner on the bottom of my eye.  I was not used to that as I don't wear eyeliner or mascara on the bottom part of the eye.  We decided to go eat dinner at Olive Garden.  I wasn't too happy with the look as it wasn't what I expected but I smiled and told her she did a good job as I didn't want to hurt her feelings.  After all it was free.  If I had paid for it that would have been a different story.  When we got to the car I took off my sweater (I had a tank top on), wrapped the boa around me and had my mom take a picture of me.  It was as if I had my own little photo shoot in the parking lot.  For me it was daring and fun!    I ended up blending it a little more before we went into the restaurant.

No comments: