I feel a little like C. Bradshaw at this moment! I love dinner parties but I hadn't hosted one in quite sometime. Jason, a friend of mine, decided we should cook a Greek dinner and invite some friends. I was so excited...This was a dinner party! He planned the menu and I coordinated the rest. I decided to go with a blue and white theme. Luckily I still have some boxes that are easy to get to so I was able to unpack my favorite dishes (bought at Pier 1). I thought it would be cute to do place cards. It wasn't a formal dinner party but I had never had one with place cards. I found a stock photo of the Greek flag and printed it on the cards with the names. Originally I wanted to write our names in Greek, but not all of our names translated and on some I'm not sure the translation was correct.
Jason arrived a little later than he had planned. We ran to Wal-mart to buy the groceries. As usual this Wal-mart wasn't well stocked. We made a mad dash to Krogers to get the remaining items. When we got home we began preparing the food. We couldn't find all of our ingredients for our Greek dessert. We didn't want to go with Baklava as it's so common. Since the dessert was a dead end we decided on Boston Cream Pie. I began to make it from scratch while Jason prepared the appetizers. Some of the guest arrived early and helped out with the preparations. We were scheduled to eat at 6 but because of the delay we ate around 8. It was a fun night with everyone helping out with cooking and clean up, dodging people as we were moving about the kitchen, and telling of stories that had some saying "TMI!" ha ha. I loved the dinner party! I can't wait for more to come!
 |
| Everyone enjoying the food1 |
 |
| Jason being meticulous as he stuffs the chicken! Great cook! Awesome food! |
 |
| Me posing for the camera. I was in the middle of making the filling for the Boston Cream Pie. I lost count of how much milk I had already used....It was quite interesting. It still came out good thanks to the help from Cynthia! |
No comments:
Post a Comment