Do you remember cautiously walking on high dive nervous about what was ahead of you? You get to the end and prepare yourself to jump when all of the sudden you freeze. You can't move and your stomach is turning flips. You can do this! You know you can but everything looks scary from up there. You close your eyes and take a leap of faith jumping off the board into the cool water. You're friends cheer you on as you come to the top. At that moment you realize there was nothing to it and it was fun! You climb out of the pool and get back in line to do it again!
I have addictions I need to take care. I call them addictions instead of cravings because to me that's how I see it. A craving is something you have but can subdue by other means. An addiction is something you can't live without. Over the years my addiction to sugar and chocolate has become intense to the fact that almost every afternoon I had to have some form of chocolate. Let me tell you the bite size pieces don't suffice! lol By feeding my addictions I've put on weight. The extra weight is bad on my knees and causes me to be out of breathe faster.
Recently, I discovered that there is a heredity heart issue in my family. My mom knew about it as her father had it while he was alive. I knew he had heart issues but I didn't know it was hereditary. Now, my mom has developed the same symptoms. Both sides of my family are plagued with heart disease, arthritis and different forms of cancer. I'm making changes in my life to live a healthier lifestyle and possibly decrease the likely-hood of me having these health issues.
I've tried other mainstream weight loss / health supplements over this past year. There were pros and cons as is with anything you try. It wasn't until I was with my mom at her Dr's. appointment for her heart that my eyes where opened. We had talked about getting her on the program I was on at the time so that she could loose some weight. We gave the doctor a list of the ingredients of what I was taking and of the new program.
He said due to her heart condition she could not take the one I was doing however he said the new program was fine.
Knowing that her condition is hereditary and I'm likely to get in the next 20 years I decided to switch to a program I knew a doctor had recommended and would be safe for me.
So here I am at the edge of the diving board jumping in feet first! Join me on my journey to better health and financial freedom. I'll post little things on Facebook and Twitter but my blog will be more up close and personal.
No comments:
Post a Comment