Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday's in Schaffhaussen

Despite a week of nonstop rain, this weekend was incredibly beautiful! The sun shone bright making the temperature more comfortable (around 52 or so). As I sat at my desk I looked out at the bright sun and thought to myself “this is not a day to stay in”. I decided I would go to the dock and write in my journal. However, as I wrote an email to a friend of mine my mind drifted off to the other end of the Rheine where the walkway is lined with benches and trees. Ducks and Swans swim close to the shoreline…Yes this is where I wanted to be. Under the canopy of dead tree branches soaking up the sun and taking in the surrounding sounds. I can’t wait for the trees to come into bloom. Off I went on my 3 mile trek. As I approached the city I noticed there were a lot of people. The further I went in the more people I saw. Everyone was out enjoying the weather walking along the river bank. There were old couples holding hands walking with canes, families playing together, young couples wrapped in each others arms sitting on the edge of the bank (oh to be one of those couples!), a group of old men sitting on the benches talking as well as a group of old women sitting on the bench talking. Nobody was in a hurry. It was like walking through a scene in slow motion. When the weather is nice, Sunday’s in Schaffhaussen is the place to be!

No comments: