A few months ago my friends & I decided to eat out once a month at a restaurant we don't frequent a lot. We picked a date in December, but when it came around there were conflicts with schedules. I finally decided to get the ball rolling. The holidays were over & I was ready to experience new foods with my friends.
We chose Capi's as most of us haven't eaten there before. Originally we had planned on 6 but due to the weather some plans got cancelled & we grew to 9. The restaurant had plenty of room to seat us. The bar had a bare tree (I think it was fake) on the corner with branches reaching out across the ceiling. Hanging from the ceiling were wrought iron candle plates that held about 12-16 candles in a row. In addition to the candles, white bulb lights were strung strategically from the ceiling. The bathroom was a conversation piece among our table. My favorite part was the sink! It was a deep clear glass bowl with a spigot that looked like a modernized water pump & the flow of water was so smooth. My friend Amanda pointed out that there was mouthwash & cups on the counter. I guess I was to engrossed with the sink that I didn't look at the rest of the stuff. I've never been to a restaurant where you could freshen your breath after eating.
The food is a mix of Mexico & Southwest. In my opinion the food was outstanding! I will say that there were some dishes that were confusing. We ordered both the white & yellow cheese dip. The yellow cheese dip reminded me of an Indian dish. Some of us thought there was curry in the dip. Another shocker were the re fried beans. The ones who had it didn't care for them. I tasted them & liked them. They weren't your typical re fried beans. They had more whole beans in them. Here again there as a spice we couldn't identify. Some thought it was oregano. I thought it had a woodsy taste to it. Similar to mesquite but not a BBQ flavor. I had the Halibut with rice (it reminded me of a sticky rice just not sweet) & Mexican squash. I loved it! Over all I think we all enjoyed it. The downfall was with us being a large group gratuity was included in the ticket which was 20%.
We've decided that the person or people who have a birthday that month will choose the restaurant. I'm excited to see where we end up next month. There are a few road trips we'd like to take. Looking forward to a fun year with my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment