
Recently I watched an episode of Arti Party. It's one of my new favorite cooking shows. She featured a recipe called Jalapeño Poppers. I could smell the smell through the t.v. They looked so good. I wish had 3D t.v. so I could imagine even more eating them. She said they were a quick & easy appetizer to fix for game nights. Fast forward to Super Bowl and voilà! I have a dish to fix. Preparing the mix was fast and easy. I read online that others added more salt than she recommended so I headed their advice and added a bit more. The time consuming part was cutting the peppers in half & de-seeding them. I used my Pampered Chef Santoku knife which was great for cutting throug the stems. I also used the Pampered Chef flexible cutting mats so it was easy to discard unwanted items into the trash. It took me a bit to find my niche in deseeding. After several attempts I ended up with a tea spoon (the kind you stir tea with) and I cradled the pepper in the palm of one hand. It seemed to go faster once I did that. She suggest wrapping the poppers with thinly sliced bacon. Walmart didn't have any marked thinly sliced so I just bought the regular. I cut it down the middle like she did. One half was thin & the other was medium thickness. I think she buys her bacon from a butcher because it was wrapped nicely in brown paper. I should try that some time. She stuck a toothpick in each of hers to secure the bacon. I opted out of doing that as I didn't have enough toothpicks & my hands were getting slippery from the bacon & cream cheese mixture.
Okay 25 minutes into it I can smell the bacon, onions, & peppers I can't wait to dive into them. Looking at them there is obviously grease from the bacon in the bottom of the pan. I will definitely be putting them on paper towels before serving. I did line the pan with foil so I'll have less of a mess to clean up!
All in all this was easy just a bit more time consuming than I thought. I think it's great to make with other people to cut down on the time. In just a few min I'll get to try it & tell you what I think....Can't you
smell the bacon. Yummmm!I baked them for 35 min because some of the bacon was thicker. I think mine would have been okay at 30 min like the directions said. Some of the stems did fall off. I used my Pampered Chef mini spatula to transfer them to the Simple Additions oblong plates. Wooooooo weeeeeeeee! Those suckers have some kick to them. Even though I de-seeded them & scraped the middle out they still had some hotness to them. After 2 of them my nose started to run. These are definitely a new favorite of mine. Try them! I think you'll like them!
P.S. I would wear gloves when preparing these like she suggest. I have a thumb & the top of an index finger that are burning. I didn't cut myself but for some reason they're burning.
For the recipe Bacon-Apple-Jalapeno Pop 'Ems on the Food Network
No comments:
Post a Comment