The first day I tried the natural hair wash I let it air dry. I had amazing curl on the top layer. My bottom layers seem to want to just be straight no matter what I use. I just wish all of my hair would decided to do the same. I did notice that even as it was damp I could still smell a faint vinegar smell. When washing my hair it felt squeaky clean. I also noticed when I poured the solution over my head some of it ran down my face which made it feel slick.That night I met up with my friends for coffee and asked one of them to smell my hair. That was an odd reaction...But what else would you expect? She smelled it and said "I smell something but I just don't know what it is." I replied "It's vinegar" and then proceeded to tell her what I was doing. The next day I had to pull my hair back. While it was soft, when you don't have product in your hair for the curls it tends to not do so well on subsequent days. Another bonus factor is that my hair didn't look dried out like it normally does with the curling gel I use.
There was no doubt about it I had to wash it yesterday so I could dry it. The vinegar smell goes away as the hair dries. It seemed to dry a little faster. It had some frizz to it but not as much. I curled my hair and did use some hair spray. I think it turned out good however the curl held better on one side than the other. Last night when I got home I put it up in a twist which looked good. This morning I was running late so I did the twist again however I think it looked better last night. We'll see how it is the morning. Maybe I can do curl it again.
You're supposed to be able to go about 5 days in between washes. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that. Maybe 3. It might do better to if I straighten it. That'll have to be done on a day when I have time to do it. All in all so far I'm liking it. We'll see how long I keep it up. Here's a thought though...the whole idea is to not have chemicals on your head...but what about highlights....Will that send my hair into shock? Will it last if I go back to washing it this way after I get them done? I still have another month or so before I do them again.
No comments:
Post a Comment