A few days ago I saw a post on friends wall about a"no poo challenge." I read it and was intrigued as I had all of the ingredients and it supposedly produced amazing results. I thought it was worth a try but wanted to wait when I had sone down time just in case something went wrong.
While I was laying out at the pool looking at my feet I thought "my word I need a pedicure." So i came home to get ready as I'm meeting friends later on. I decided since I was going to do a pedicure I might as well try the challenge since I had been in the pool. Are you wondering what this is about?
No poo means no shampoo. Washing your hair with natural products not chemicals. So i grabbed the apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Other post had said it might feel gritty from the baking soda. I mixed the soda & water stirring. I poured it over my head and scrubbed...I didn't feel like I was getting my hair clean. I think because there weren't any suds. After scrubbing I rinsed it out then added the vinegar and water together. This is used for conditioning and detangling. They said the smell doesn't last long. All I could think about was deviled eggs and if my bathroom was going to start smelling like vinegar. I decided to do a quick facial so I wrapped my hair up in a towel while I applied the mask and did my pedi. About 15 minutes later I took the towel off and combed my hair out. I still had a few problem areas with tangles but nothing major and they seemed to come out easier. While I was combing it out I could faintly smell the vinegar. I hope this goes away as I don't want stinky hair. ;) I decided to let it air dry to see how the curl does. They say this is supposed to restore your hair to the way it should be, cut down on frizziness and reduce the frequency you wash your hair. As of now I've got beachy curls going on and it seems that the drier pieces don't have the scent of apple cider vinegar. Maybe I can apply some lavender oil to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment