Saturday, August 26, 2006
Flight of the wasp
Last night I went out to eat with mom and her friends Tex and Betty. We went to Texas Roadhouse (and that was an event in itself....don't even get me started on that). Let me just say if you have a party of 4 check in once 3 are there. Otherwise you have to wait until the 4th one arrives even if you are going to go ahead an order an appetizer. I was not a happy camper last night. I was tired and hungry! I will not comment on the rest of the events that happened to us while there. However the food was good, and the Ribs were to die for. Finger lickin, nothing left on the bone good! So I had to go to the bathroom but it was not in a convenient place so I just decided it wasn't that bad of an issue. Therefore when I got home....It was an issue. I walked through the garage door and on the floor of the laundry room I saw this brown blob. The lights were off and I thought it was a spider. I turned the lights on and much to my surprise it was a wasp. YIKES! I had to make a choice, do I leave it there and hope that it doesn't move so I can make it to the bathroom, or do I take the chance and try to kill it first. Keep in mind this is getting to be a serious issue and I'm about to start doing the dance. He looked a little warn down. Maybe because it was a bit cool in the house. I thought about stepping on him with my shoe but it was a thin flip flop. didn't want the stinger going through my foot. I went back into the garage but couldn't fine the wasp spray. I thought if anything maybe the spider spray would stun it enough that I could then kill it with another shoe. So I came back in but stood far enough away that I had a good pathway to get out if need be. I sprayed that sucker and he begin to toss and turn landing on his back. I held off but then he began to turn over...."Oh, no you don't!" I said and I sprayed some more. (luckily this spray didn't smell) The wasp was finally dazed and confused. I ran to get a heel with a thicker soul. Then I saw one of my shoes in the kitchen. The soul wasn't as thick as I was wanting but more sturdy than what I had on. Down with the wasp! I got in there squatted down and WHAM! The shoe hit the tile floor echoing throughout the room, I lifted the shoe up and it wasn't smashed! This will not do as he could still be alive! WHAM! I hit it again. Lifted the shoe up and he was hanging on to the soul. Oh no you don't! WHAM! This time I put more pressure on the shoe smashing the wasp into a flattened mess. Then I gracefully stood up with pride for I had killed the wasp! and then I ran to the bathroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment