
Last night (August 4) I went with my new friends and Stan (missionary) to do street ministry. This week was not what I expected. We had little contact with the Ecuadorians in the form of ministry. God had plans for each of us. Each of us had different jobs to complete for the week. We were all tired and stressed. I felt like I had not accomplished anything. I longed to be with the Ecuadorians. (I expected more of commission unto Mexico) I didn't know what to expect when I arrived at the street. Elisabeth and Ledia handed me tracks to pass out and Anderson (speaks some English) went over them with me in Spanish. I was nervous but the more I spoke the more comfortable I became and the more eye contact I could make. I had trouble understanding the peoples spanish. After a while some kids gathered around me. I got down on there level (sat on the street actually) and taught them some spanish songs I knew and they sang to me. most of them were catholic. I told them about Jesus, the cross, sin, and prayer. I told them I would pray for them every day. I got the cutest picture of them. It was an awesome time and God knew what I needed. It was so precious. Oh did i tell you they sang for me? When I got back to the room I was so wound up from the events I couldn't sleep, so as I began to translate this letter into spanish I listened to my cds and one of the songs played that had gone through my head on the way home for the street. " But for your grace I could not be saved, but for your grace I would go my own way I'm forever greatful that you have been faithful to me Lord..." I just began to weep. What an awesome trip this turned out to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment