Within the past couple of years we've had a PF Changs come to town. I'd heard about this restaurant but had never eaten there. My friends rave about it describing it as a Chinese Bistro. I wasn't sure what to expect from it.
My mom and I were out shopping in Little Rock. When asked where I wanted to eat, I suggested PF Changs. I was a bit worried she would decline as she's not a huge fan of Chinese. We've had our share of the buffets and other Chinese restaurants yet they seem to be going down in the quality of the food. To my surprise she agreed. Upon being seated our waiter (who was of Asian decent) took our drink order. He said "Might I offer you some hot tea to drink on this cold day?" Well, of course you can...We both love our hot tea. He went over the varieties describing the flavors. Mom decided on the citrus and spice. The tea arrived and I immediately began looking for the sugar. "There's no sugar!" I said in a panicked voice to my mom. "Well, you'll just have to drink it plane. You can do this." she replied. Cold tea I can drink without sugar but hot tea I like sweet. I sucked it up and took a sip of sugarless hot tea. I hate to admit this but she was right. It wasn't that bad.
Our waiter returned to take our order. Mom ordered the sweet and sour chicken with brown rice. I ordered the same. This prompted our waiter to say "Would you like to order something different as she has already ordered that dish?" I was confused. He went on to say "Maybe since she has ordered a poultry / protein you would like some beef or shrimp and you can share?" I enthusiastically said "Okay I'll take the crispy honey shrimp". Our food arrived on two platters. We chose the brown rice and it was brown not fried. I must say it was different but we both enjoyed it. The texture was unlike the normal brown rice. We devoured our meals and left no room for dessert. Although the displays at the entryway did look appealing, we just didn't have room for it. PF Changs was a bit pricey but I'd rather pay more for the service, presentation, and quality of food than pay less and not enjoy it. I've found my new favorite Chinese place.
No comments:
Post a Comment