Thursday, October 20, 2011

Alien Wasp

I was waiting to turn out of a parking lot when I looked to my left.  I saw this thing flying towards me.  I began to get antsy.  "Oh no!  this thing is fixin to fly into my car!  What do I do?"  I thought to myself as I silently screamed in my head.  Thump!  it had landed on my window near my head.  "Oh, Oh, Ohhhhhh....."  Panic came over me.  I needed to turn out of the parking lot so I wouldn't hold up traffic but I wanted this thing off my window!  "My window is up isn't it?  Jason had mentioned last night my windows were so clean it looked like I'd rolled them down...or something along that line.  Do I tap the window?  What if it's not rolled up...what do I do?"  I thought to myself while trying to decide whether to shift gears and go or battle it out with the bug.  I glanced over still uneasy and wondering if this thing was going to fly in on me.  It was lime green.  It's eerie green eyes fixed on me watching me like a hawk.  It's as if we were having a nonverbal showdown.  "I'll show him!"  I turned out of the parking lot and accelerated to a fast speed without going over the speed limit.  This sucker was still holding on and staring me down.  Rats!  it didn't work.  Of course I could only go 40.  "I'll get you!  You're fixin to fly off this car!"  I yielded at the light (there was a yield sign the way I was going).  Luckily there wasn't a line of traffic coming my way so I didn't have to make a complete stop.  I rounded the corner and began to accelerate!  "YES!  I can go 50 here!  You're fixin to die buddy!"  I thought to myself! With a smile on my face I glanced over only to my surprise the sucker was in his defense mode still hanging on fighting against the wind.  "Are you kidding me?  UGH!" I thought.  My speed was cut short as the speed limit dropped and I had to stop for a red light. I was at a complete stop.  I looked over and the thing had re-positioned himself vertically and was staring right into my eyes!  "You look like an alien!"  I said to myself.  I didn't like looking at him but I couldn't turn away.  His entire body was green. I'd never seen such a sight.  He stared me down again.  I banged on the lower corner of my window by the mirror.  Surely the vibration would make him fly away...It didn't.  The light was still read.  This time I went for it.  Despite my window being up I still had a fear that if I touched the window where he was he could still get me. I did it anyway.  I banged on the spot where he was with vigor!  bang, bang, bang, bang, bang.  Still there.  Bang, bang, bang.  There he's gone....not so fast missy!  He left the window but now he was on my door!  "Really?  Fly away you ugly wasp!"  I looked down and the top of his body more of a yellowish color.  The top part of the abdomen seemed to be moving in sequence like our chest does when we breathe.  Had I given him a run for his money?  Was he breathless?  He crawled over towards the door handle.  I kept a close eye on him but at last the light had turned green.  It was my turn to go.  "Maybe I can get some speed on this next road....fat chance!  Of all the days I don't need be stuck behind a slow person!  What am I going to do when I get home?  What if I get out of the car and he dive bombs me and stings me?  Why me?  Oh, maybe I can crawl over to the passenger side and get out that way.  Oh but if I do that I'll have to re-position the seat...is it really worth it?"  I thought to myself.  I pulled into the garage.  I looked one last time.  I couldn't see him.  A slight panic came over me...as if I couldn't see my enemy.  I glanced at the passenger door and decided it wasn't worth it.  If I was going to do this I was going to have to make a run for it.  If I got stung...then I'd just deal with it.  I grabbed my keys and slid my purse strap onto my shoulder. I cringed as I slowly pulled the door handle.  I heard the door release.  "Oh no!  what if he was near the crack and gets in?"  I swung open the door and dashed out of the car to the driveway leaving the door wide open.  I turned and looked.  I didn't see him.  I grabbed the side of the door and shut it.  As soon as I did that I chided myself for not checking the other side of the door before placing my hand on it.  I'm not sure what happened to the little guy.  I'm just glad he's gone. It was an intense ride home for such a short distance.  I don't know if it was a wasp or a yellow jacket.  the under belly was a lime green, It's eyes were lime green.  The top was black and yellow with a hint of lime green but I haven't been able to find any pics resembling what I saw.  I guess it could have been a yellow jacket that was covered in pollen.

1 comment:

Soaking Up the Goodness of God said...

Ha! I used to have experiences like this all the time when I was in college. I'm not sure why, but it seemed that every fall, Harding would be swarmed with millions of those grasshopper/locust things. I hated them. If one would be on my car, I'd get on the freeway at one exit, go as fast as I could & drive either until it flew off or I got to the last Searcy exit. Ew! Once one got in my car, & I nearly had a wreck trying to shoo it away, all the while screaming like a banshee! :P