Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Market

Each year German towns put on Christmas markets. Some are a day, a week, or the month of December. Stuttgarts is the most famous (at least that's the one everyone talks about on campus). I opted for the Busingen Market as it was just around the corner. The aroma of roasted chestnuts filled the air. There was a booth with nothing but Germany pastries. I had a slice of Black Forest Cake! It was heavenly. My friend Lely sold some of her Indonesian food. The prophets are going toward her summer mission trip to Bali. A common thing here in Europe is to have "lotto" you pay 2 Francs for a ticket and the number on the ticket is the prize you get. I had seen a black satin evening purse with silver handles. It was my kind of purse. So I bought a ticket only ended up with an angel. I bought a few more but they were the "sorry not a winner" tickets. :( I found a tall porcelin teapot I thought my mom would like. The lady was busy and I decided to come back later. When I went back the teapot was gone! :( I need to go to the brokey (Salvation Army) in Shaffhaussen as they have some beautiful teacups there. They had a Saint Nicholas walk around and a german mens choir provided music.

No comments: