I'm not sure where I heard the phrase that sometimes God speaks to us in
gentle whispers. Today was the start of Advent season. The music minister at the church sang a song about trusting the Lord. She brought up the point of how Mary and Joseph might have felt yet through it all they trusted God even though they didn't understand. She concluded before she sang with "Trust in the Lord no matter what your future holds" I'm not sure who wrote/sings the song but as she sang it some words in particular stuck out to me "When you can't trace his hands trust his heart" Over a year ago my friend, Teresa, added a screen saver marquee to my comp. and those were the words she put on it. I don't remember if I heard the song before today. It was a reminder of my friend and also to trust in God. "All things work for our good although we don't see how they could....Our father knows whats best for us...when we can't trace his hand trust his heart...He sees the master plan...Don't live as those who have no hope all our hope is in him...Like a tapestry he's weaving you and me to be just like him."
The sermon focused on how God does things and often times they don't come with big announcements. Like the birth of Jesus- was simple and quiet. The angels rejoiced, but as to the world....little knew. Whereas when Prince William was born there were celebrations, announcements etc... The points of the sermon (taken from Micah 5:2, 4-5) were
- God often chooses small things to bring about results
- God can make crooked ways straight again.
- No matter what the past God can change the future. Don't dwell on the past
Today was filled with gentle whispers on trusting God even when I feel like he's not there, knowing he has made my way straight again, and knowing he knows my future. Even as I write this I'm reminded of the song "I have a Maker....
He knows my name,
He knows each tear that falls, and
hears me when I call."
No comments:
Post a Comment