Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Interlocken 12/4/06 part 1
This morning I awoke to the sound of gentle rain falling along with the sound of my alarm buzzing on the desk. My eyes struggled to open. I tried to orient myself in the pitch black room. I struggled to open the netting hangning around my bed. "Why did you close the netting all the way?" I thought to myself. I grabbed the cell phone (it's my alarm), adjusted my eyes to the bright blue light, and wearily looked at the time. 5:30. "Do I get up and shower or snooze?" I thought to myself. It's too early! My body fell onto the bed as my hand hit the snooze button. "Nine minutes and then you've got to get ready!" I said to myself. My hand clutched the phone under the pillow as I drifted back to sleep. The phone vibrated in my hand and then began to beep. I instinctively hit the snooze button again. Just a few more minutes I thought. As I laid there I couldn't help but think I would oversleep. I decided to get up. I still was not fully awake and stumbled into the bathroom to prepare the shower. The sprayer fell from it's holder and danced about in the shower squirting water everywhere. Then when as I bent down to pick it up I knocked my head on the water knob. This was not turning out to be my morning! "I want to go back to bed" I thought to myself as I soaked in the steam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment