Sunday, November 12, 2006

Driving Lesson

Today, Lisa offered to take me driving and teach me to drive a standard. I was more than thrilled as I haven't driven since I left the states....Man it felt good to get behind the wheel. I did good. Bucked the car only a few times. Other than that did okay on shifting gears. I did have a little trouble with First gear. That I will need to practice on. Once I master that gear of stopping and going in first then we'll move on to hills. Word to the wise...Don't wear your hair clipped on the back of your head when learning to drive a standard. ha ha....the clip dug into my head a few times. I actually got to see more of Busingen...the back streets that I normally wouldn't go on b/c they're not really in walking distance. So beautiful. and lots of curves! woohooo!!!!! My Bible study this past week was having a teachable spirit...."Our teach ability most often depends on our teacher..." Beth Moore. Todays lesson went a lot smoother than when I last tried to learn w/ my now ex-boyfriend...that sounds bad...that's not why we broke up. Maybe in few weeks I'll drive to Lidl to get groceries. Then a couple more weeks to walmart...but as far as Zurich???? Well i think we decided not to do that until the spring! :)

No comments: