Sunday, November 26, 2006

One of those days

The title says it all. Today had good and not so good elements to it. I had a relaxing day after church. Ate lunch, played piano, rearranged my room, etc... After I had eaten I took the composte out (the fruit flies are notrocious here!) When I returned I washed the dishes. As I was preparing the sink one of the glasses fell and broke. Luckily this was a drinking glass and not one of our nicer glasses. So "la ti da" I said to myself and went on about my day. I decided I wanted to watch a movie and chose Pride and Predjudice since I had not seen this particular version in a while. I stopped in the middle of the first half to fix dinner. I was looking forward to this. Eggs and toast! I went to get the butter out of the fridge (we have a small refrig. One that you would see in a dorm) and as I opened the door our water jug fell out and broke (there is no bar on the inside of the door). Water and glass went everywhere. I stood there dumbfounded as to what had happened. Meanwhile my slippers (we have no carpet in our apt.) were getting wet. I couldn't believe it. This was the second thing I had broken since lunch. What was going on? I found some towels to clean it up with. The glass shattered into paper thin specs. I got what I could up but I'm still finding some of the specs around. After that I had lost all interest in Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth. I decided to read more in my book The Negotiator by Dee Henderson. It was good and intense but I was falling asleep. I wouldn't let myself fall asleep at 8 pm. So I decided to finish the first part of the movie. By now I was much more into Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth as I knew he was about to declare his love for her and she in return would turn him down. It's quite entertaining. You really should watch it (the BBC version from 1995 with Collin Firth).
I had a craving for chocolate but suppressed it for a while. I debated on whether to make brownies or chocolate chip cookies. Do I hold off and wait until the weekend and take them on the retreat? I gave in. I hadn't made them in over 2 months. Whenever I make choc. chip cookies I always eat a few of the chips right when I open the bag... Just something I do. Tonight I didn't use any butter just the German baking stuff called Sanella (?) So we're not sure if thats butter or like a butter crisco. I also added almond slivers. My cookies turned out better tonight then they had the last time I made them here. They were more like what I get when I bake at home. And the Almond slivers added a nice taste. I reserved a few for Simone and I, but the rest are being given away.
All in all my day was good. Tomorrow is the kick off for a busy month ahead. lol. So much to do and not enough time! :)

No comments: