Sunday, November 12, 2006

pudding

Last night I made pudding. It wasn't Jello pudding. The directions where in German. I got that there needed to be 750 ml of milk added. So I just did what I knew to do. I looked on the internet for a conversion table and came up that 750 ml. is about 3 1/3 cps. So I added the milk and cooked it until it thickened. I thought success! It tasted good when I licked the pan...a better chocolate taste than what we have at home. I waited until it was cool enough. The skin had formed on top of it and I was dying to have some. I dug in, tasted it and thought to myself "this doesn't seem right" It wasn't firm enough. I thought to myself "Had I not let it cool enough?" So I put it back in the fridge and decided not to eat it until today. After I had lunch today...(I fixed rosemary chicken, and it was soooo good!) I tried it again. still the same consistancy. So I took one I hadn't eaten and it was a little firmer but not much. It had a milky taste to it. So I think I added too much milk. Maybe the conversion table I used wasn't that accurate. Next time I think I'll just try 2 cups of milk! :)

No comments: