Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving part 1

Today is a holiday for the Americans here...although it hasn't seemed like a holiday as I ended up working some. I had scheduled a conference call earlier this week for today totally forgetting today was Thanksgiving, plus I had heard we wouldn't have off. Then yesterday I got an email from my boss saying we would have today off, but if we wanted to work that was fine also. I feel like they would rather you work than take off for a holiday. Anyway point being...I went ahead with the conf. call since I had cancelled out earlier this week. The call went great. lots of ideas were discussed and fine tuned. The man I had the call with appologized for not realizing it was Thanksgiving and we eneded the call earlier. It wasn't bad except for the fact that I was geared up with ideas for this page so I worked on it some. Finally I quit and watched a movie.
Tonight I am having dinner at my boss's house along with the rest of the American staff here. It's also laundry night! Anyway I was asked to bring pickles, olives, butter and jelly. The jelly threw me off as we've never had jelly at my Thanksgiving dinners before. We finally figured out it must be for the bread. Pickles here are called Gerkins and they're sweet. I have yet to find Dill pickles here. I decided to be spontaneous on the jelly and get Raspberry instead of the usuall strawberry or grape. I hope it's good. They didn't have a cranberry jelly. ha ha. This will be intertesting to see how the dinner goes tonight. It will be different. Something new! :)

No comments: