Sunday, November 19, 2006

fear 1

Some people believe that God called me to Germany to get over my fears. While I'm not sure if that was His only intention he has definitely been working on it with me. After finishing the book Trial by Fire by Terri Blackstock had more of a peace and understaning about death. It's not that I'm afraid of dying. It's the process of how it will happen. In the book she addresses this issue and she reiterates what Christ did for us. She talks about the thieves on the crosses with Jesus and the words he says to the one "Today you will be with me in Paradise" She reiterated this phrase in the context of the story because of the stiuation one of the Characters was in. The character was beaten several times and left to die. Yet the character was comforted by those words "Today you will be with me in paradise". I had a dream this summer in which i heard a voice say "Jennifer, death hurts." While death hurts....eternity will be in paradise with Jesus. My pain will last for what only seems like seconds compared to what I will enjoy in heaven. There will be no more tears, no pain, I will be completely healed of everything. When my time comes I can find comfort and rest with those words "Today you will be with me in paradise"

No comments: