I joined one of the small groups on campus for Bible study. When I found out the Spindles were hosting one I knew I wanted to be involved with theirs. On our first meeting we discussed different topics / issues we wanted to focus on. Of the list of items Ecclesiastes stuck out to me as that is one of the books I've never really studied in the Bible. Our groups were interrupted with the short term during Oct. and Chapel for the students was moved to Wed. nights during our group time. Therefor we all went to chapel together. In November we picked back up and Mr. Spindle decided to do Ecclesiastes and incorporate things we were interested into the lesson. Last weeks lesson was an eye opener. It was based on Ecc. 3: 1-22. The main things that stood out to me were:
"You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be miserable"
God is working to create a masterpiece out of the moments of your life (3:9-13)
The events of our lives are designed to teach us to revere or stand in awe of God. (3:14-15)
Saturday night ,during the dinner party, I find out Mr. Spindle's mom is not doing well and they were leaving Monday to go home for good. Thus the end of our small group with the Spindles leading it. I think our group is still going to meet. I got to say goodbye to them on Sunday.
Even though they wont be here the remaining month of the semester, God still gave me Ecclesiastes in church on Sunday! He's so awesome! It was on Ecc. 7:2-4 it had to do with mourning since this past Sunday and next Sunday are days to reflect on those who've died and who've died in war. Sort of like our Memorial day. Even today as I started the last of the lessons in the Living Beyond yourself Bible study by Beth moore she directed a part of it to Ecclesiasties. God's just giving me different outlooks on it from different resources.
No comments:
Post a Comment