Today I skipped lunch and walked to the Rhine instead. It was a much needed time to get away, reflect, and think about things. I sat on the dock and watch the ducks and swans fish for food. It was so relaxing. The water was calm. The gentle waves splashed along the shore. I listened in on some ducks conversation. I have no idea what the quacks meant but apparently it was serious as 2 of them ganged up on the other duck. He / She in turn flew off. A few minutes later the duck rejoined the other 2 and they swam off. I watched a swan bob for food. Their tales sticking straight up in the air. Amazing how God created these animals to remain warm despite the cold of the water and wind. A rowing team passed the dock. They weren't going very fast. Although they were going against the current.
On my way back to the apartment I took my time and enjoyed the scenery. I saw a bench, which I pass all the time, under a tree and it just reminded me of the movie Notting Hill. In the movie they enter some private gardens that are only for the houses in that area. Busingen's own "Notting Hill" without the gates.
No comments:
Post a Comment