Thursday, October 12, 2006

Chapel

Since this is short term (1 month) for EUNC chapel has been moved to Wed. nights at 7:30 ( instead of during the day). This is usually during our small group time. For the month of Oct. we will meet for dinner and then go to chapel. We will resume our discussion topics in Nov. Tonight, we ate chicken enchiladas. We had an ice breaker where we had to list the word Thank You in different languages. I came up with 5. Ali and Sandor (pronounced “Shawndoor”) came up with 10. It’s amazing the languages the students know. We had Dutch, African, Hungarian, and Indonesians at the table. We all laughed at each others stories or the names of our parents and how they’re pronounced. It was a good time.

Chapel here is like Plugged In or the River back home. One guy reminded me of Richard Smith or JP…when no one was standing they still stood and worshiped God. If they wanted to clap they did. It was awesome just to see the freedom in God people have. They sang a new song called “Who is This?” I’ll have to update later on with the phrases that meant a lot to me. I can’t seem to get a hold of anyone right now. At any rate it was very refreshing and felt more like home. The topic was on Timothy and ministry. I’m not sure what all the speaker said b/c my thoughts went back to when Tim, Brad, Teyerra, Amanda and I were doing Bible study. I remember Teyerra discussing the possibility of me co-leading it with her. The one thing that stuck out in my mind was when she said “I think you’re my Timothy” I didn’t quite get it then but last night it’s like everything made since. She was training / discipling me in how to lead. It’s like Paul calling Timothy “son” because he’s honored to be sending him. What a night!

No comments: