Sunday, October 08, 2006

Zurich


Yesterday Simone, Lisa, and I went to Zurich for the day. It was a much needed brake. It was my first time leaving the town w/o actually going grocery shopping or to Wal-mart. I also hadn’t been this direction since my arrival. Zurich is so beautiful. At times I felt like I was in Europe with the steep cobblestone streets and at others I felt like I was in New York City. To get to Zurich we had to go through a tunnel, which seems to be the longest tunnel I’ve been in. They have green arrows and Red X’s above the lane which ever direction you are going you want to be in the one with the arrows. This way they can switch the lanes if they need more.
Parking….Interesting concept here. There are signs that tell you which parking decks are open and how many spaces are available. Then you drive to that place and wait in line. Each parking space has a sensor so it knows when a car arrives and when it leaves. Once there are spaces available the gates will only let that many people in. Then it's like being on a hunt. You follow the arrows that lead you to the row where a space is available. To leave the deck, there are machines, before you walk into the garage, that you slip you’re card in and pay.
We found my favorite shop Crabtree and Evelyn. I was in heaven. I treated myself to some lotion. Now I can smell pretty! J The sales associate asked if it was for a present and I promptly said yes. The gift wrap is free so why not? Plus it was a present! For me! It was a pampering present for me. We then went to a store H & M. It was different. I felt like I should be in a club. But they had some cute clothes. Even though they had the US size marked they’re still a size or 2 smaller!. I found a sweater and Simone helped me put an outfit together. I got the Sweater and a tank top. Something I probably wouldn’t have tried in the states. I was very Fall like today in church! If you want to see some of the photos I took you can look at the photo album on line. We’re planning another trip back but to see the sites and the parks.

No comments: