Friday is cleaning day....last week i skipped it as the outside didn't look like it needed to be swept etc... Today was a different day. The leaves have fallen and are begining to clutter the walk way. I had to do it. I was thankful there were different people here today working on remodeling and fixing some things. I was praying they would be down in the basement and maybe that would take some of my fear away. Unfortunately, they were not. I decided to suck it up and go for it. As I went down the stairs to the first floor I was okay but then when I got to the bottom the arch of my foot had excruciating pain. To the point I couldn't put pressure on my foot or walk. I have no idea what happened. I quickly hobbled to the stairs, sat down and pulled off my shoe. I began to rub my foot in hopes it was something like a cramp. I got up to walk but still couldn't put pressure on it. I hobbled back up the stairs to my office with one shoe on. I rested and then realized I had to clean. Nikolaj is very persistant about the place being clean. After I had rested a few min. I decided to give it another try. This time there was very little pain and I could walk. I made my way down to the basement. As I appraoched the stairs I turned the light on, took a deep breath, and told myself I would be okay. I hurridly ran down the stairs. I opened the door and cautiously walked in, scanning my surroundings. I pushed the door back into position so that I could open the door to the broom closet. The door was cracked open. Cautiously I opened the door. I tried to see if the broom was close to the wall so that I could reach in and grab it. There was no broom. I had to reach in and turn on the light. The brooms had been pushed down the wall some. I steped into the room as if I was stepping into ice cold water. I saw that there were old cabinets and a dark green chest with it's lid partially open. I quickly grabbed a broom, shut the door, and darted up the stairs.
After I had finished sweeping I had to return the broom. Again I made the same treck down the stairs wishing this would all end soon. As I descended the stairs I imagined someone or something under the stairs reaching out their hand. This excelerated my speed down the stairs. I quickly shook my head and told myself it was just my imagination. I threw the broom into the room, shut the door quickly, and raced up the stairs. As I was ascending the stairs I noticed there was a small door in the wall underneath the stairs. I wondered what this was. What did it lead to? My imagination began to run wild and I had to get out of there. I ran up the stairs, through the hallway, and up a second set of stairs to my office. My heart was pounding.
Why am I affraid of basements? Why can't I get over this fear? Why can't they keep the broom on the first floor in a closet?
No comments:
Post a Comment