Thursday, October 12, 2006
Patience Part 2
Patience part 2 In the Bible study Beth said “Paul emphasized the importance of being patient in respect to persons and enduring in respect to situations or circumstances.” I have never looked at it that way. It sheds new light when you turn the focus in a different direction. She also pointed out that “How we respond to others is critical” This really hit me in the face. I think sometimes I’ve been to quick to react to someone or a situation. She then referenced Heb. 10:36 and summarized it as ‘we should actively petition God for endurance in our circumstances…Patience is the release of the fruit of the spirit…supernatural outcome of being filled with the Holy Spirit is impossible except when expressed by God through us.” She then had us look at Gen. 6. It’s funny when you don’t read passages that often it’s like finding a lost treasure or something. I had no idea. She brought up the point that she seeks repentance for more thoughts than actions. It’s refreshing to hear other people do the same as you….because to tell you the truth there are times when I think something is wrong because I’m repenting for something I thought.The homework for this day was to wakeup before the sunrise then go out and sit facing east. She gave us 3 scriptures to read (Gen. 8:22, Lamentations 3:22-23, ands Psalm 30:5). The morning of this I awoke at 5:30 but with a splitting headache. I therefore slept in and didn’t do it. I finally did it today. Here the mornings have been fogy so we don’t see sun until the afternoon. This morning I made up my mind I didn’t have to see the sun rising. I fixed me some earl grey hot tea and with my Bible and notebook went and sat on the front steps of the building. The cool mist from the fog dampened my face but it was quite refreshing. As I read the scripture I heard different birds chirping and it was like I was in my own garden with God. Just me and him. The assignment after the reading was to then “write a prayer of response to God as the Sun of Righteousness rise in the morning breaks, simply record your thoughts toward Him”.It was so refreshing to do this. I could tell a different in my step as I walked to work. A smile was on my face which hadn't been there the last couple of days b/c I'd awken with a headache or woke up late. It’s like I wanted to kick up my heels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment