Friday, October 20, 2006

Community / Prayer

I received an email from a group of friends here. They referenced Matt. 6:33 b
Then they said "If seeking the Kingdom of God through consistant prayer in community is something that you are able and feel led to do..." and gave the days and times this will be occuring.
The term community just stuck out to me. It took me back to the days of Connections (college praise and worship service I attended), My bible study group with them, My friends at their churches talking about community, my friends I had the prayer group with this past year at school. I long for that. I don't have a prayer partner here. I'm missing that.
I got news from my friends church in Boston (http://www.oasisboston.org) about exciting changes going on there. I went back to their site to review look at some of their archives etc....They had notes on leadership based on Neamiah (sp?) In January we're having a leadership conference that I think the focus on that is church planting. At any rate it's like things are coming together from last night to this morning. Another time for God to grow me.
Oh and yes I plan to start going to the prayer meetings. Pray that God will wake me up every morning and knock me on the floor (not literally but what i'm getting at is that I wont sleep in).

No comments: