Saturday, October 28, 2006

Reflections


Today I pulled out my journal and desided to catch it up on some long time entries. I hadn't written in it since 9/17. I've been blogging extensively that I neglected it. So, I decided to start updating with some of the things I haven't written on here. I walked down to the Rhine and sat on the dock. It was so peaceful. I wish I had a hammock. I wrote a few things about what has happened in the last month but the majority of my writing dealt with what was going on around me. So, for those of you who like my descriptive writing style...here's a taste.
"It's around 2:45 p.m. It is so relaxing here. There are gondolas in Switzerland. I thought those were only in Florence Italy. It's bathing time for the ducks. They pick at themselves then flap their wings. There are ducks and swans on the Rhine. A lady in a kyak went by, there is an old man fishing from his boat, but I think he decided to somewhere else as it didn't look like he'd caught any fish. A couple floated by in a gondola. He steered the boat then went and took a seat beside her. What I wouldn't give to be out in a boat lying back and relaxing with the gentle rocking of the boat as the cool breeze brushes over my body gently blowing my hair.
The fisherman left to early as I just saw a huge fish beneath the dock. I'm not sure what kind it is. I've never seen a duck come in for a landing on water before. The glide across the water as they make a splash. It's 3 o'clock. The church bells just rang. I also discovered that ducks have a squeal / scream. As I arrived at the dock there was a duck pecking at the bottom of another duck. I'm not sure if it was flirting or if it was angry. At any rate the one getting pecked at was annoyed and let out what seamed to be a duck scream. Across from the dock is what seems to be an island or just an extension to land. It's gorgeous. Fall colored trees line the banks. there is a path to walk on but I"m not sure how to get there other than by boat. The orange, yellow, and red leaves cover the ground. It's picture perfect. (In my opinion...perfect proposal spot for a fall engagement). The boats are lined up parallel to the bank tied to post. It's so European. A man just helped a lady into a boat. I saw her carrying a picnic basket. I wonder if they're going to the island or just out in thee boat to sit and enjoy the snack/meal? How romantic."
I didn't right much after that. I just laid back on the dock with my head turned to the left watching the ducks and enjoying the cool air. Time seemed to stand still out there. What seemed like an eternity was only about 45 min. The wind off the water seemed to be getting much cooler. If I would have had a blanket or a jacket I probably would have stayed longer.

No comments: