Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

Have you ever watched or looked at something and hoped that one day you would get to experience that? I've seen it a thousand times in movies where the man will gently take the lady's hand as she stretches out her arm and he gently pulls it to his lip to give her a subtle kiss on the hand. Or when they're talking he gazes into her eyes and gently strokes her hair. Oh, how I've longed for a day like that...I don't recall any of my past relationships being that romantic. It almost has a Mr. Darcy and Lizzy feel to it. This gallient knight riding in on his horseto spend a moment in time with me.
Tonight was a little taste of heaven in a sense. I was sitting in the back row of chapel waiting for the service to begin. One of the guys walked in and took the seat next to me so that he could sit by his friend. Before he sat down though he stoped in front of me. I was in shock that he was speaking to me I have no idea what he said. He gently reached for my hand drew it to his close to his lips (but not touching) and kissed it ever so gently. I think my mouth droped to the floor. Then he brushed his hand on the edge of my hair (I have recently cut it) and this I do remember he said "You're hair." Then he took his seat between me and his friend. I was in such shock I was speechless....It's like the movie You've got mail when Tom Hanks visits Meg Ryan while she's sick and devulges some information the 2 of them know but she doesn't know that it's him she's been talking to. She has a look of bewilderment and wonder of what just happened as he walks out the door. While I know that what happened tonight was just the guy being his flirtatious self and making people smile (he has a girlfriend), it was nice! and I only hope that one day when I'm blessed with a husband he will be a romantic like that. Hows that song go...."You give your hand to me and then you say hello..." One day....in God's time

No comments: