Today in church we started off worship with the song God is Good. It was a reminder to me that no matter what God has always been good to me and faithful. We then sang a second song (one I’ve never heard of) Cry of my Heart talk about really speaking to you and bring you back to what God has called you to do. Some of the lyrics are “It is the cry of my heart to follow you. It is the cry of my heart to be close to you… All of the days of my life… Teach me your holy ways oh Lord. So I can walk in your truth. Teach me your holy ways, oh Lordand make me wholly devoted to you… Open my eyes so I can see The wonderful things that you do. Open my heart up more and more…” (Terri Butler)
For the focal scripture that was also used as the sermon it was Psalm 27. The pastor talked on fear. Funny how God works! The reference was good and he read it several times. And parts of it stuck out to me like God was emphasizing those particular parts to me. “The Lord is the light of my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes they stumbled and fell Though an army may encamp against me; My heart shall not fear Though war may rise against me in this I will be confident. One thing I have desired of the Lord. That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life…(vs. 1-4) vs. 14 Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" The first part dealt with my fears. It’s not something I believe will go away over night. I believe it will be a process. The preacher did mention “fools rush in where Angels fear to tread.” There is good fear and bad fear. The bad can be from Satan where he gets us to be so sure of our self that we have no fear and then he drops us in the midst of trouble. The fear from God is sometimes us thinking we’re all alone in a situation when in reality God is right there with us protecting us.
The last part was just a reminder to me to wait on God and not to rush anything in my life. That in his time his will for my life will be carried out and it will be well worth the wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment