Monday, October 09, 2006

Hummus


Tonight I was invited to eat dinner with Shahade, Elizabeth, Simone, and Lisa. Shahade fixed a salad with an Arabic dressing, traditional flat bread and hummus. I’ve never had hummus before. I remember Dr. Lyon raving about it in class but I thought it was disgusting! At any rate I went and tried it and I liked it! Imagine that! It had olive oil and some spice drizzled on top. The flat bread tasted like pizza crust. I was imagining sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni on top of it. Heaven! It was good by itself! The salad was different. Shahade had forgotten the lettuce so it was tomatoes, cucumbers, and crouton like pieces of bread. The dressing was olive oil, garlic, lemon (this was a strong taste) and some other spices. All in all it was a good meal. I got choked on the bread though. Everyone was talking about how big chic peas (what hummus is made from) can get when they’re in water and we had water with our meal. We were talking about being bloated. You should have seen my face! Ha ha. I hope I don’t wake up w/ an extra 5-10 lbs. tomorrow! Ha ha. Or have stomach problems.

No comments: