Thursday, September 14, 2006
7hrs +
Last night was my first time to do wash since arriving. I started my wash at 5:30. There were 2 washing machines and 1 dryer. These European machines are lot more difficult than ours. Instead of times there are Celsius degrees listed for temperature of water. No hot, cold, warm etc…. no 12, 8, spin etc…. well maybe the words but in German. It’s a front load washer which I have never used before and talk about tiny. I think they’re smaller than the stackable ones in America. I’m surprised I got 5 pair of jeans into one load. What would normally take me 2-3 loads turned into 5. Since I had so many loads to do I wanted the shortest time possible for the wash to complete. So I turned it to that setting and wouldn’t you know it takes 59 min., but better than 1 ½ hour. They have hang lines to hang the laundry on, but I am not accustomed to that. Besides, don’t your clothes come out stiff????? I only had detergent and bounce, no downy type stuff to make them supposedly soft. To save time and get another load started I did hang my jeans and dry everything else. So far nothing shrank! Thank You God! Finally I put 3 pairs of jeans in so that I would have something to wear today other than a skirt. I went to go get them out of the dryer (by this time it’s past midnight). Apparently, the lights go out on campus too at a certain time. I didn’t have a flash light so I grabbed my cell phone…..Yeah, like that really helped! The light was so dim I could barely see it on the ground. Luckily my eyes adjusted and I was able to make my way, just praying I didn’t walk into any spider webs. By this time I was tired and needed to get to bed. I grabbed my jeans and left the other 2 on the line. I guess I’ll find out tonight how stiff they are. I’ve got to figure out a better way to do this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment