Here in Germany you have to pay a tax to have a t.v in a room so basically like cable. There is one t.v in each dorm , but you have to sign up to use it. Needless to say I haven't watched t.v since I left the US. which is good in that i'm doing my Bible study, watchiang movies, and doing word searches. Other than the Bible Studies it gets old after a while.
I felt out of place at my dinner party the other night. They were talking about systematic theology and I had not a clue what was going on. I almost felt like Bridget Jones. Here I am the hostess of the party yet I couldn't maintain conversation on that level. I've decided to get a library card. While I may not read about systematic theology it will give me something else to do and maybe my "higher education" vocabulary will come back to me. ha ha.
Before I wasn't much of a news person but now I'm catching up on the news via cnn.com to get more of a grasp of what is happening in the countries in our region here.
No comments:
Post a Comment