Thursday, September 21, 2006

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

For those of you who know me all to well....you know I don't do scary movies. And when I do I'm crouched down in the chair with my face covered squeeling and screaming! Tonight i got to use my library card for the first time. I picked a well rounded choice of history, systematic theoology (i have no idea what this is but apparently a lot students here have studied it so I thought maybe if I read something on it I could participate in some conversations), and fiction. I thought about conquering the more scholarly ones but I think those are for a sat. or sun. I chose the fiction for tonight. Private Justice by Terrie Blackstone (you can find it at Mardels, Lifeway, etc...) I'm already on Ch. 8 which is a record for me. This means it is well written and very good if it's held my attention for this long! From the begining I can picture the scenes in my mind and here the voices of the characters. It's like I'm playing the movie in my head. Well there is this intense moment where a murder happens (it's almost like in Twister when their at the hotel by the drive in and the tornado comes without warning everything is an erie calm) and I wanted to drop the book and scream as I was reading it. I tried to look away and not finish the sentence but I couldn't. This has never happened before. Well I've had my intermission I need to get back to see how everythign unfolds. This will probably be finished by the weekend. That would be a record for me!

No comments: