Thursday, September 14, 2006

I had no idea!

I didn't know there was a national unmarried / singles week. I got an email from Christian Singles Today and in it the writer reminded us: "just remember that you're "God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works" (Ephesians 2:10). And Zephaniah 3:17 tells us God takes great delight in you."
Seems like God's speaking to me through my emails today! I've been struggling with something b/c I know even as a full time missionary I would not be allowed to date (while on the field), nor on the field as a volunteer. I'm under contract. I was given a good explanation for this actually which made sense! What I struggle with is having the desire to be married and riase a family. It's going to take a lot of preperation and me overcoming this with God if I'm to be on the field as a single person doing full time ministry. Today is fine b/c I'm only here for a year. Lots of prayer on this matter! God has a plan, he will prevail and provide all that I need.
Addendum: just listened to Aaron Shust song "My Savior, My God" puts things into perspective..."I am not skilled to understand What God has willed, what God has planned...I take him at his word..."

No comments: