What can I say Lord????
Today was my first service at the International church on campus. It’s an English speaking church. They sang some beautiful songs I had never heard of before. I believe one was Here I Am (but not the one by MW Smith). They then had a time of sharing from students who had gone home for the summer and did internships in their countries. It was awesome to see what God is doing in those countries and the prayers that were answered. When we started to pray he asked just for 3-4 people to praise God and give him thanks openly. There was a bit of silence, but he waited on the Lord and the people began to openly praise God with just a sentence or two of thanks.We had some missionaries from Brazil speak. The story he told really gripped my heart and I can see myself serving in this way b/c I think I would like to serve in compassionate ministries. This pastor answered the call to go to another town to start a church. However, it wasn’t as easy as he thought. Word got out that the people of the church were not good. Only 2 people showed up to the service. Some time went by and nothing had happened. He told his wife to stay home with the kids and he was going to go and spend a night in prayer and music. He didn’t know if maybe he had missed God’s call and they weren’t supposed to be there. Morning came and he went to the river. As he played his guitar he talked to God. Asking for direction, a girl heard him played and approached him. She asked for 20 he thought she meant $20 but she meant 20 cents. He asked her if she was hungry, she answered yes. He invited her to his house for breakfast. She ate breakfast; the wife let her clean up and gave her new clothes. As she the pastor asked if she would like to come again the next morning (she’s homeless) she said yes and asked if she could bring her brothers and sisters. The pastor said that would be fine. The next day they had 14 kids. This was there sign from God. They had thought their ministry was to begin with adults but God’s plan was to start with street kids. The story Goes on and gets even better.After church was over they have fellowship time. Everyone gathers for tea downstairs and chats before heading out. Next week is potluck.
No comments:
Post a Comment