
Wal-Mart is Wal-Mart
Saturday I went shopping with my new friends Barnabas and Shahade. It was quite a journey. Barnabas driving is well…..a bit fun! Fast! Never felt unsafe though. And at one point we went over a hill one of those stomach jumpers. Ha ha! We got held up at the border for a bit, no problem though. We first went to Wal-Mart. Shahade helped me find things. I wanted to get some rugs (even though I hate them) b/c our floor is linoleum and even though swept it still seems to have some dirt still left. So I wanted to have something to stand in different areas where my feet wouldn’t turn black. So…wasn’t finding what I was looking for and what I did find didn’t match my colors. Then he (Shahade) found one of those car rugs for children. So I played along and said “If only I had brought my little cars” I had so much fun with them. Oh, the washcloths….not what we’re used to. They’re bigger and are in the form of a mitt. There towels….well lets just say they’re smaller. It’s the equivalent to having a towel to stand on when getting out of the shower. We next went to another town to buy groceries as it is cheaper…..I FOUND MIRACLE WHIP!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD! I’m sure Sahade thought I was quite weird when I got all excited over that little find! Not sure what kind of cheese I got. They have lots of Gouda here…just don’t care for it on sandwiches. The guys were making hoagies for their once a month treat, they invited me to eat with them. They were so good. Oh you should have seen them when they went to buy the meat (the meat counter is like a butcher shop but after the checkout lines in Wal-Mart) they’re faces lit up and they got all excited as they announced they were going to buy meat. It was like a Friends episode where Joey and Chandler come over for a BBQ and they say “We men. We make fire. We cook meat.” It just reminded me of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment