
Germany is so beautiful. Nothing compared to Arkansas. Yes, everything is old here and I'm adjusting. I was in a building yesterday that I thought was pretty new....well to them it's new and it's only 100 years old. They had remoddled the inside so it was very modern. In the early 1900's it housed the fire brigade, police, and mayors office. Back then horses and carriages were used so the front of the building has 2 storage areas (now offices) that were originally for the horses. I've seen some buildings that still have the originally gates on them. On the drive we took into a city yesterday we passed through what I would call a forest. I need to go again and take a picture. Everything is very safe here. So strange. Walk the streets with no problem.
The apartment is not airconditioned. It has large windows that open up. (they do not have a screen on them) For blinds they have this venician blind type things on the outside that roll up and down. Very good for darkening a room! Just found out the apartments have floor heating..."That's different" Right now the apartment is bare but I plan to get some things to spruce it up a little and I'm going to rearrange it. The bed is comfortable! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment