Sunday, September 24, 2006
Midnight Swim in the Rhine
Well Friday night was different. We had a bonfire for F&F and roasted marshmellows and stick bread. To do the stickbread you have to be patient. So I'm sure fishermen would love this! You roll the bread into a snake (not to thin, not to thick) then wrap around the stick and roast it over the fire. Mine was too thick and took too long therefor I gave up on it. After that a few of us hung out and the guys decided to go for a midnight swim in the Rhine. We decided to go with them. Some of them went ahead of us. As we rounded the corner and walked down the dark pathway between two houses, we were engaged in conversation. When suddenly out of nowhere two of the guys leaped from the bushes and screamed. Another girl and I both jumped and screamed, her water leaped out of her cup and onto me. Talk about heartattack. Not to mention the fact my scream was pretty loud, and here they take screams seriously. Luckily no damage was done and cops were not called. It took the guys a while to jump in but they did. I overheard them conspiring as to who they were going to throw in....I discretely backed away trying to avoid it. The picked Emily up first. She begged them not to do but eventually gave in and said "at least take my shoes off!" At that point it was as if she was being arrested because the guys started asking "is your watch waterproof? Is there anything in your pockets you need to remove before you go?..." Then they swung her and threw her into the cold water. The dock was pitch black. As she got out she couldn't see the chain and therefore tripped over it falling to the ground on her knees. It was as if she was being tortured! Not really but since it was dark it had that feeling. They went for the next girl and asked the same questions. Then they went for Victor. In his portuguese acent he screamed "No no no! Please no!" It was absolutely hysterical but they gave in and decided to lend him mercy. After that we all walked back to the dorms. It was fun. However I will not go back unless I'm ready to swim in the Rhine and I have a swimsuit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment